Technical assistance, research and advocacy organizations committed to increasing access to peer support and improving services.
“How to Change the World” visual infograph bottom of page from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Acronyms commonly used in MA policy reports and meetings
Echo through the Fog comic blob by Cordelia “How to call your reps when you have social anxiety”
ABH (Association for Behavioral Healthcare) Legislative Action link
- Coalitions in MA a project of DPH and the Community Health Training Institute
- Consumer Quality Initiatives (CQI) Archive of MA consumer-run research and quality improvement materials
- The Freedom Center in Western MA
- Health Equity Research Lab at Cambridge Healthcare Alliance
- PAIMI in MA (national program of Protection and Advocacy for Individuals with Mental Illness
- M-POWER Grassroots advocacy in Massachusetts “Nothing about us without us”
MOAR (Mass Organzination for Addiction Recovery) Public Policy page
- NAMI Mass (National Alliance on Mental Illness of Massachusetts)
- NAMI Greater Boston CAN (Consumer Consumer Advocacy/Affiliate Network)
- RLC Outcomes Study UMASS, 2014
“Jonathan Delman: Participatory Action Research” 2 1/2 min video
- TRANSCOM Peer Workforce Policy
- The Adverse Childhood Events (ACE) study is a major study that correlates the high incidence of physical and psychological illnesses in adults who experienced traumatic events in childhood.
- Advocacy Unlimited, Inc. Connecticut-based advocacy
- BRSS TACS Bringing Recovery to Scale Technical Assistance Center Strategy. Archived resources, recordings, and transcripts of First Friday webinars click here Additional webinars click here
- Cafe TA Center
- DBSA Advocacy Center DBSA Peer Specialist Compensation Webinar
- DisabilityInfo Information and Updates on The President’s New Freedom Initiatives
- Enhancing and Sustaining Peer Support Initiative in Mississauga Halton 15 min video, from Canada
- International Society for Ethical Psychology and Psychiatry (ISEPP) “Restoring Humanity to Life” 2015 Annual Conference in MA plus journal and resources
- INAPS – International Association of Peer Supporters
- Intentional Peer Support (IPS) Training program and materials developed by Shery Mead to build conscious, mutual relationships and to change the dynamics of power in society.
- Larry Davidson Video Presentation: What Everyone Needs to Know About the Evidence Base for Mental Health Recovery
- Larry Davidson, Ph.D., Kevin K. S. Chan, Ph.D. Common Factors: Evidence-Based Practice and Recovery research article at Psychiatric Services Open Forum
- Larry Davidson’s compilation of journal articles related to peer support outcomes
- Medical Databases: Medline, PsycINFO, etc. PubMed comprises more than 24 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- Mental Health News RSS news feed
- NARPA – National Association for Rights Protection and Advocacy
- NIATx Based at the University of Wisconsin–Madison’s Center for Health Enhancement Systems Studies (CHESS). Training that facilitates peer networking and provides research, case studies, and tools that encourage use of a process improvement model (former acronym for the Network for the Improvement of Addiction Treatment)
- NYAPRS New York Association for Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services
- Psychiatric Drug Information by Peter Breggin, MD. Dr. Breggin has been called “The Conscience of Psychiatry” for his many decades of successful efforts to reform the mental health field. His scientific and educational work has provided the foundation for modern criticism of psychiatric drugs and ECT, and promotes more caring and effective therapies.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (infographic below)
- SAMHSA – Substance Abuse/Mental Health Services Administration programs and campaigns
- The STAR Center (Support, Technical Assistance, Resources)
- Temple University Collaborative on Community Inclusion of Individuals with Psychiatric Disabilities tucollaborative.org – including 2016 “Creating Welcoming Work Environments”