Creating Space to Develop Advocacy and Leadership:
A Foundation for Beginners
September 11-13, 2019
MLA is a 3-day program where we gather to develop our personal leadership skills, learn about the mental health Peer Movement, and how to advocate for change through the power of Peer Support. We promote shared power and decision-making, and provide a trauma-informed approach to leadership for those who have mental health conditions.
For flyer, click here
Deadline has been extended.
For application, click here
The MLA is sponsored by Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership
MLA training supports YOU to make a difference!
“Speak your mind… Even if your voice shakes.” Maggie Kuhn
Participants at the Leadership Academy…
- Have fun, meet new people, connect with old friends.
- Learn advocacy skills.
- Boost self confidence.
- Build effective meeting facilitation skills
- Respect and celebrate diversity in our community
- Learn about working with media, lawmakers, state authorities & departments on matters of policy affecting mental health and addiction recovery
- Create a plan for taking action!
Our mission is to expand and strengthen the dynamic network of empowered advocates statewide.
Won’t you join us?
For more information please contact:
The Transformation Center
98 Magazine st.
Roxbury, MA 02119
Phone: (617) 442- 4111
Fax: (617) 442-4005